- 2-3 Medium Size Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter or Ghee (a paleo option)
- 3 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar or Truvia/Stevia (a paleo option)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat casserole dish with ghee, coconut oil spray, or butter.
- Add peeled and cubed potatoes to a large pot of cold salted water.
- Bring the potatoes to boil and then decrease heat to simmer for approximately 20-25 mins.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes in the bowl and add in butter or ghee, brown sugar or truvia/stevia, cardamom, and vanilla extract. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for 20-25 mins. 15 mins into baking you can also add on top pecans, or cashews, and/or marshmallows. Cool and ENJOY!