Meta Olympia: The sports on Mars board game
Publisher: Mighty Dynamo
Designer: Team Mighty Dynamo
Number of Players: 2-4
Time: 30-50 Minutes
Time: 30-50 Minutes
Find on KICKSTARTER HERE.
- A sci-fi and sports tabletop game that is part deck building and part board game.
- In a build phase, players move their miniatures across sets of action tiles to improve their teams and gather tactical resources.
- In the tournament phase, players play against each other in matches to score points.
- They repeat the build and tournament phases for four rounds and end the game with a championship round of matches.
- The winner is determined by the number of points collected from wins and resources.
- The game has a rich backstory that takes place in the near-future. The players build football clubs for their Martian colonies to compete with neighboring settlements.
- The website documents the deep world-building that establishes the theme of the game.
- The game is meticulously crafted and includes metal miniatures, custom dice, and components that feature work from incredible artists from comics, film, tv, and video games.
- Some contributing artists include:
- Nimit Malavia— Projects include Bill Willingham’s Vertigo series “Fables” and storyboard artist on “The Umbrella Academy” Netflix series.
- Rockey Chen—Projects include Netflix’s The Dragon Prince, and the upcoming Magic the Gathering animated series.
- Jacques Penas—Award-winning artist who has worked alongside companies such Maxon, Sony, Harmonix.
- Kurt Kaufman—Projects include Star Wars Prequels and Netflix’s Lost In Space.
- Ramón Pérez—Award-winning Cartoonist best known for his two graphic novel adaptations Tale of Sand and Jane.
- Created by a team passionate about design, science fiction, gaming and storytelling.
Meta Olympia will be live on KICKSTARTER until Sun, January 3 2021 8:59 PM PST, and has a funding goal of $58,932.
Find out more at BGG.
Are you new to Kickstarter? Remember that nothing will be charged to your card unless they reach their goal by January 3rd. Take a chance on them by backing their project on Kickstarter. By supporting them, you’re also supporting Everything Board Games!