My LOs favourite song this season is Reindeer Hokey Pokey(A’s class performed for this in school winter assembly this Tuesday) & Rudolph the Red Nose reindeer. They sing this everyday and have to watch it atleast once before bedtime. So, we decided to make a reindeer craft last evening. This Reindeer Ornament is easy to make – takes less than 5 mins and kids love it.
Follow us Facebook
What you need
- 3 popsicle sticks
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 red pompom
- Glue 2 popsicle sticks together at one end to make a V.
- Glue the third popsicle stick perpendicular to the V shape about one inch from the ends.
- Glue the red pompom on the end of the triangle – reindeers nose.
- Glue two googly eyes to either side of the craft sticks forming the reindeer’s face.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon or jewellery thread, form a loop, and glue to the back of the craft sticks to hang the ornament.
Miss A(4) & Miss D(3) loved making this ornament. I showed them where to glue the sticks, pompoms and eyes and they did it all by themselves. I let it dry overnight and the girls put it up on their tree before they left for school this morning.