Scott takes us through the twisted history of the classic game Twister. How did it overcome its risqué premise to become a perennial favorite?
Bibliography of a Board Game:
- Video – Twister was created 55 years ago
- Video – Ren Guyer: The Man Who Invented Twister & Nerf
- Video – Original Twister Commercial
- Video – Twister Mania for Xbox 360 review
- Text – Ren Guyer’s story of Twister from his official website
- Text – Twister on Board Games Galore Fandom Wikia
- Text – Patent information on Twister
- Book – Timeless Toys: Classic Toys and the Playmakers Who Created Them, by Tim Walsh
7m46: One interesting note is that Shuffle Twister’s gameplay is similar to Bez Shahriari’s independently-released In a Bind, but Shahriari released her game in 2015, one year earlier. In a Bind went on to be re-implemented by French publisher Gigamic as Yogi.
9m19s: To clarify, Monkey Auto Races wasn’t #1 on the BGG Hot Games; as an April Fool’s joke in 2007, a bunch of BGG users gave the game a high rating, and it was actually the #1 game on BGG for one day.